Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations for Students
- Punctuality of the children in academics, curricular, and extra-curricular activities should be observed. A student who incurs three (3) accumulated tardiness will be considered as one (1) day absence.
- The wearing of prescribed school uniform is compulsory from Mondays to Fridays, except during the last Friday of every month, when all the students are allowed to wear civilian clothes. Rubber shoes should only be worn during sports time and sandals on special occasions only. Children who won’t wear the proper uniform after three warnings will be subjected to disciplinary action. After the second notification to parents about incomplete uniform, the school has the right not to allow a pupil/student in the classroom and send him/her home. Otherwise the school management will inform the parents to fetch the child at school.
- Bringing of school materials ( notebooks, pencils, erasers, books, workbooks, and others ) everyday is a must. Parents will be informed if habitual practice is made, and proper sanctions will be given.
- Forming queues before entering the classrooms in Monday morning and afternoon assemblies should be maintained.
- No one is allowed to enter the classroom during break time at 10:00h – 10:20h and 15:00h – 15:20h except when it is raining. Students can leave their bags in their respective classrooms upon arrival before school time, to avoid loss of personal belongings. Playing inside the classroom during break time and afternoon interval is not allowed.
- Any schoolwork should be started and finished on time, and should be done quietly and independently.
- Homework should be done ALWAYS.
- Curricular activities ( Portuguese, Computer Studies (Grade 1 – 8),Sports ) should be attended regularly. The average mark of these co-curricular subjects is given a 10% equivalent in the final grade. Hence, these subjects are deemed necessary.
- All school programs should be actively participated in.
- Working and playing well with others is a must. All toys/ games brought to school will be confiscated.
- Throwing litter in the garbage can is a must.
- No playing of rough football during sports time. Playing football within the school premises is strictly prohibited.
- Lost books borrowed from the library and textbooks issued for rental should be paid or replaced.
- Students who borrowed books which are not returned after 5 days for the lower levels ( Grades 1, 2, & 3 ) and after 10 days for the higher levels ( Grades 4 – 11 ) will be fined Mt.2.00 per day.
- All books and notebooks should be properly covered and labeled.
- Tables and chairs should be arranged before leaving the classroom during break time and dismissal time.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the classroom at all time is a must.
- Bringing mobile phones to school is discouraged. The school is not held responsible for the loss of pupils’ and students’ personal belongings due to negligence. The use of mobile phones during school hours is strictly prohibited. In case a mobile phone is brought to school, it should be surrendered to the office and can be used only for emergency cases.
GUIDELINES ON DISCIPLINARY CASES
Violations of school routine procedures and rules, and lack of cooperation with school regulations, which facilitate student growth and development is discouraged. To maintain order and discipline among the students, sanctions for specific violations are herein listed.
The Directress will take charge of the disciplinary actions. In the absence of the Directress, the respective department head will take over.
Minor Offenses ( Grades 1 – 11 )
- Littering / Loitering
- Inciting vulgar words and yelling
- Eating during class hours or chewing gums & eating sweets
- Talking in Portuguese or in the vernacular
- Habitual Tardiness
- All sorts of misbehavior during assemblies, classes, and similar activities
(running, shouting names, cracking green jokes, boisterous laughing, etc.)
- Coming to school without homework
- Habitual Practice of not bringing school materials
First Offense: The offense will be written in the logbook and will be signed by the student together with the member of the disciplinary board.
Second Offense: The offense will be written in the logbook; the members of the disciplinary board will take an action.
Third Offense: The offense will be written in the logbook and we will call the attention of the parents so we can send the child home.
On the wearing of prescribed school uniform :
After the second notification to parents, the school has the right not to allow the student to enter the campus.
In cases when the uniforms are not yet ready, only decent clothes are allowed to be worn – no blouses or shirts with plunging necklines, no hanging shirts or blouses, no shorts, no mini skirts, no denim pants or skirts with low hipline. As a school rule, the school management will not allow any student who come in this attire. Wearing of slippers is prohibited.
Proper, clean, and decent haircut for boys is strictly implemented. No student is accepted at the gate with the dinosaur haircut, or the like. Hair-dyeing, wearing of an earring or earrings, nose ring, lip ring, eyebrow ring, tongue ring and fancy belts among boys are strictly not allowed.
The wearing of prescribed school uniform for new students will be on the 15th of February 2018, while old students who just changed their uniforms will be on the 25thof February 2018. From these dates, the rules regarding the wearing of school uniforms will take effect.
Major Offenses: ( Grades 1 – 11)
- 1. Serious disobedience to persons in authority
- Answering back or uttering defamatory words to persons in authority
- Fighting / Inflicting physical injury
- Possession of deadly weapons
- Vandalism against a student’s and/or school property
- Gambling of any form
- Possessing and using of dangerous and prohibited drugs
- Stealing in and out of school
- Cheating in quizzes, test, and other exams
- Forging signatures on letters, homework notebooks, report cards, or tampering of grades
- Possession of pornographic materials
- Giving serious threat to other students
***Other offenses that are not listed and may happen will be dealt accordingly after due process.
First Offense: The student will be on detention as per decision by the disciplinary board.
Second Offense:The parent/s of the delinquent student will be called for a conference with the Management Team. The student will write a Promissory Note which will be signed by both the student and the parent.
Third Offense: The parent/s will be called again to sign the Warning and Suspension Form. The student will be suspended for one week, and will just stay home and do self-study.
Fourth Offense: The student will be suspended for an indefinite number of weeks.
**In cases of vandalism, any destroyed property of a student or the school should be replaced.