Behaviors that infringe upon the rights of library users or staff are prohibited. Prohibited activities and behaviors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Making excessive noise, including loud conversations use of cell phones, using headphones for audio/video files, etc. in a manner that disturbs others.
- Excessive odors or scents of person or belongings which cause discomfort to other library users.
- Consuming food or beverages while using the library jeopardizes the library’s collection and furnishings.
- Refusing to show ID or submit possessions for inspection to library or security staff upon request.
- Defacing or damaging library materials including underlining, highlighting, writing, using paper clips, removing pages, pictures, or security devices.
- Monopolizing, misusing, or damaging library furniture, building or equipment.
- Loitering, including refusing to leave the library promptly at closing or as directed during an emergency.